Monday, March 23, 2009

Recent Discovery


I was recently contacted about a small number of posters discovered in a basement somewhere in Queens. I had all but forgotten about this Manhattan Design-ed poster until I received an e-mail with the above photo attached. The image was based on one of my line drawings from a comic. The brightly-colored and technically amazing poster was printed by Ambassador Arts in 1987. It was the seventh in a series of quarterly calendars. Fortunately the printing specifications were included in the lower left corner: Silkscreen printed on 10 pt. Chromolux in 13 match colors, including transparent, fluorescent, matte, glaze, frosted and opaque inks. There are only about 30 mint condition copies of these posters. I just signed them and they will be for sale online hopefully in the near future. Once the details are worked out they will be posted.

No comments: