Thursday, August 4, 2011

Tricycle Turns 20


Wow! A few days ago MTV turned 30 -- now Tricycle: The Buddhist Review turns 20. How fortunate I am to have been involved with the creation and development of these two important cultural phenomenon. I am deeply honored to have been a part of Tricycle from its very beginning. I am grateful to the publication's Founder, Helen Tworkov for persuading me to become Tricycle's first Art Director. I was extremely resistant at first, but like Allen Ginsberg said, "I fought the Dharma and the Dharma won." Over the years I have been Tricycle's cover designer, creative consultant and Contributing Editor. Congratulations to James Shaheen, Editor & Publisher; Rachel Hiles, Managing Editor; Fabio Cutro, Art Director; Philip Ryan, Web Editor, and the rest of the Tricycle staff. Rejoice.

No comments: