Friday, November 21, 2008

ThreadBanger!




I am really pleased with this poster design and wanted to put it up on my blog right away. I was hesitant because it most likely won't be printed until sometime in the Spring. I didn't want to leak the image and possibly annoy my dear friend and client Fred Seibert for doing so. I just discovered that Fred had already posted the ThreadBanger and other poster design comps here on Flickr. Since it is already on the Web I figured it would be OK for me to post it here. This is one of a series of 12 posters I have been commissioned to create for Next New Networks. They are being mailed out one per month over the course of a year. The first poster for Barely Political was sent out just in time for the election. The drumkit was constructed from a spool of ribbon, spools of thread, buttons, needles, plastic sticks, and a switchplate. The lettering evolved from safety pins, needles buttons and thread. I have suggested a t-shirt featuring the lettering.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Frank.
I may be partial but I really like this poster a lot. NIce work.-Sue