Thursday, November 20, 2008

Don't Need A Gun


Hi Frank,
I just stumbled upon your website as I was looking for an image of the awesome design you did on the back of Billy Idol's Don't Need a Gun 12-inch single, however I couldn't find it on your site.
Anyway, I just wanted to say I was mesmorised by that design as a kid - I used to look at it while the record was playing, and was totally entranced! I liked it so much I traced it on paper, coloured it and stuck it on the cover of one of my high school books! Looked awesome. Anyway, I've been looking for an image of it online as I no longer have the record, and I am thinking of getting the design tattooed on me. Will you put it on your website? Or do you know where I can find an image of it online?
Thanks for making rock look so cool!

Brendan

----------------------------------------------

I had forgotten all about this drawing. I found a small JPEG (shown above) on some DJ's website. Brendan was right, the artwork is very cool. I sure wish I still had the original

No comments: