Monday, October 31, 2011

Tweet!


I just learned that my Woodstock '94 logo design will be included with other variations of the dove and guitar poster in an exhibit about David Byrd and Arnold Skolnick, who were the two designers for the Woodstock festival posters. The title of the exhibit will be Byrd/Skolnick: A Tale of Two Posters which will run from April 1 to June 10, 2012 at The Museum at Bethel Woods, which is located at the site of the 1969 Woodstock festival in Bethel, NY.

The Summer of 1969 I was a counselor at a children’s arts camp on Long Island. I had been hearing a lot about the forthcoming concert in Woodstock on the radio. A fellow counselor told me she and some friends were going to drive upstate to the concert and asked if I wanted a ride. I thanked her for her kind offer but told her that I was afraid it was going to be too crowded.

No comments: